May 12-15, 2022
Registration update - This camp is now SOLD OUT.
Please click here to get on the waiting list.
Darol Anger ~ Megan Lynch Chowning ~ Brandon Godman ~ Tyler Andal ~ Ellie Hakanson
* 2022 instructors include Darol Anger, Megan Lynch Chowning, Brandon Godman, and Tyler Andal, and Ellie Hakanson. Click on each of their names to learn more about how incredible they are.
* Dates for FiddleStar Adult Camp are May 12-15, 2022.
* The price for on-site lodging, tuition, and food is $900. The price for traveling to and fro each day (we call this being a "day camper" which includes tuition, lunch, and snack) is $700. Day campers are still welcome at all camp activities, day or night. Add-on meal plans are available for day campers.
* Check out the FAQs page on the website for more info about lodging, travel, etc.
* All campers must be vaccinated and provide a negative test before camp begins.
* The 15 spots will be filled by the first 15 deposits received when registration opens. If you do not get in, your deposit will be immediately refunded and you will be placed on the waiting list.
Come join us in historic Ridgetop, TN for a long weekend retreat of great fiddling and lots of fun. Every day we will work on fiddle tunes, take jam classes, learn to dance to fiddle music, and lots more. Incredible instructors will help you improve your technique, improvisational skills, and anything you can think of to become a better fiddler. We only take 15 campers (first come, first served) and those 15 campers will get to play fiddle knee to knee with some of the greatest fiddlers alive. All this happens in a beautiful home in the hills above Nashville, TN. It's mind-boggling, really.
Enjoy small classes and very individualized instruction, no matter what your level. Not only are our instructors world-class musicians, but more importantly, they are kind, patient, and focused teachers. You will be hands-on, working on improving your own skills. We think this camp is best for fiddlers who have been playing a little while and can get through some tunes comfortably. You don't have to be an advanced player by any means, but if you have been playing fewer than three years and want a slower, more repetition based experience geared toward the "fiddle newbie", please check out some of other camps with "beginner" in the title.
Oh, and bonus - You can also have your fiddle worked on by the luthiers at the legendary Violin Shop and The Fiddle Mercantile while you're at camp. these incredible professionals work on fiddles owned by everyone from Stuart Duncan to Alison Krauss and we are so proud to be partnered with them.